If you are trying to increase traffic flow to your site and make more money at the same time, pay per click, or PPC, might be the best option for you. However, before you decide to use PPC to grow your online business, you must first decide whether you are going to do it yourself or use PPC management. The wrong choice could cost you, so it is important that you don't take this decision lightly.
DIY and PPC Management
Most of us believe that with the right information, we can save a bit of money by completing projects instead of hiring professionals. Before you set out to take on a PPC campaign, though, you may want to take a step back and consider whether it is truly a project you will be able to handle.
There are several big drawbacks to do it yourself PPC, which may put a hitch in your attempts to put your business on the right track.
- Do it yourself PPC takes a lot of time to get right and there's a learning curve. PPC management requires knowledge of setup, and unlike classified ads and traditional banner ads, calls for a continuous amount of work after setup. Keyword bids change all the time, and certain keywords can turn from popular to obsolete in just a short amount of time. "Do it yourself" PPC management, if done correctly, often means you have to spend less time working on another part of your business.
- The second drawback is sorting through the vast amount of data associated with PPC. The list of keywords can be about three or four hundred words long, and there are many different attributes associated with each of them. Some of the attributes may be competing bids, searches per day, or conversions per click. You will also have to consider whether the phrase you are purchasing has "buying words," or words that encourage your customers to purchase your products or services quickly, like "limited time offer," "buy one get one," or "free with purchase." The total amount of expertise needed to sort through all of this information is, to say the least, extensive.
Why Choose a PPC Management Company?
With the right PPC company, your business could be up and running successfully before you know it. Here are a few benefits to letting an expert handle all of the hard work.
- Seasoned PPC managers have years of successful experience working with pay per click management. They know exactly how to set up and optimize a PPC campaign.
- You won't have to spend all of your time perfecting your PPC process. This can often lead to you neglecting other areas of your business. Your management company will keep up with the work needed with your ads and watch to see what keywords work well and which ones are users. They will continue to adjust your keywords and bids until your business is at the top of its game.
- You won't have to waste money with trial and error. A good management company will notice the subtle changes in the marketplace and will be able to understand the massive amount of data involved with pay per click.
If you want to begin using pay per click, don't try to do it yourself. Using a PPC management company is the best way to get the most out of your PPC.
At SmarteBusiness, we take the guesswork out of creating your powerful online presence. Many companies make claims... We provide results. Whether you need a stunning, commercially tuned eCommerce website, search engine optimisation, PPC management, online marketing, or all of the above, we have the experience and knowledge necessary to build your brand and help you reach your online business goals.
Contact us and speak with a consultant today. From revamping your web work to introducing search marketing, SmarteBusiness will provide exactly what you need.